• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Getting Out :(

But not forever.

I have been offered an opportunity that probably only comes once in a blue moon. To Transfer down to Charlotte, NC to live and stay with my company. I'll also be progressing my career. The move has a few things to consider.

1. I'll finally be able to buy and own a nice big house for a reasonable price. Its a Buyers market right now.
2. My Kids will grow up in a home rather than an APT and I'll have lots more places to entertain.
3. Bigger Tank with a TANK ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have not started looking for a house yet. We were able to meet with a realtor on our drive home after visiting family in Georgia. We are looking for a place in Fort Mills, SC or near Lake Norman in NC. The ETA to move will be Spring of 2016.

I'm not taking EITHER of my tank's or anything in them. I am only keeping my equipment that will transfer to a new bigger tank. I am resolute about starting over with the new tank. I know it will be harder with just frags instead of my large colonies but it won't be worth the hassle. That move will be too far and knowing me it would take a few months to order, build and setup a brand new tank in a new location where I don't even know where the LFS is.. or if there IS one.

The sell off will probably begin in the next few weeks once I hear the details and time line. Hopefully I'll still be on NJRC for advice and I still have family in the north so I might be able to stop by and grab Frags and stuff.

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Maybe we can send you care packages once you're settled in. It sounds like a great move for you and the family good luck.

Thanks and I def plan on giving first preference to NJRC Members with Frag/Back Discounts. (Frag Back - I sell you something fairly cheap with the discount equivalent to the cost of fragging me back a piece when I'm settled.)

Good luck with the move and with the future. Def the best decision is to get out and restart once your settled. If there is anything I can help you with let me know.

Its sounds like a no brainer move. Heck you wont have to sell later to retire either. Best of luck. Maybe Steve can help you, he's in SC I believe.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Wow good luck buddy, I would love to make that move. I have friends who have and love it down there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow! I always took you as a city person. Life in the south is different. I have a house 70 miles east of Charlotte. The head of engineering at our NC facility use to say that there are two speeds down there, slow and slower. You also better like NASCAR....that's what you find on the front page of their sports section of the paper. And you're right about housing.....I'm trying to sell my place and if that house was here in NJ I could easily double what I'm asking. Oh, and taxes are nothing.....less than $1000 a month for my three bedroom, 2 1/2 bath house.

Anyway, best of luck with the sale and the move!

Best of luck with the move! My co-worker has relatives in SC. I've only heard good things from him.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Moving to the mother ship. God luck down there, there are a lot of transplants who have moved just like you.

Welcome to the south Tristan!!!! I have a client that lives on Lake Norman and love that area...full of Nascar drivers!!! Our current neighbors are from Fort Mills, SC and say its an awesome place to raise a family!!!! Either location I think you are making a great decision.

best of luck. as a NC veteran, i miss a lot about the south.
when you decide to start selling off your situation, i would love to see what you have to offer. I have a 50g tank thats on month 5 of being set up and ready to host some life.
have fun packing...