• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Getting rid of hitchhiker zoa's is there another way?

Lots of hitchhiker zoas and palys have been sprouting all over my rock. This may be a dumb question, but is there any way to get rid of them other than cutting them off?

You can use Joes Juice or Aptisia X on them works the same more or less, not really eco friendly :-[ but it works.

I do have some aiptasia starting to sprout so i guess i'll kill two birds with one stone. Where can i get it in NJ?

Kalkwasser paste should work...
Mix up a small slurry and shoot it with a syringe in the mouth and they should melt...
But that is mean...
I would cut em off and frag them and give em away to other reefers...

tbone212371 said:
Kalkwasser paste should work...
Mix up a small slurry and shoot it with a syringe in the mouth and they should melt...
But that is mean...
I would cut em off and frag them and give em away to other reefers...

I have no problem fragging them. Just don't want to go through the effort and find out i can't give them away. I'm probably going to wait a little longer though as they're still coloring up and I would hate to dispose of an awesome paly, especially since this weekend i'll be setting up my seahorse and zoo tank...

Hey
do u have any pics. I'm interested nonetheless. Going with a all softies 55g. Going to have some rics, shrooms, a couple of different leathers, Zoas, and gorgonians. I think that will be a sweet looking tank. Anybody else got some unwanted polyps, etc, they don't want?

Rev.