• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

"GFO/ Carbon Reactor" Pump or Return Manifold connection?

I’m curious to know your opinion/ preference…..any other benefits than power saving and heat avoiding when connected to the manifold?....Reactor effectiveness?
Thanks in advance.

I have mine on my manifold. Mainly cause I didn't want the extra pumps. Never had any issues but to be honest I can remember the last time I had either carbon or GFO in them. They basically sit there empty.

horseplay

NJRC Member
You mean return to the sump or return to the tank?

I read it difficult to tune the siphon with the manifolds but I have no experience of that myself. Maybe the flow to the reactors is so small it does not matter that much. I only run the BRS reactors off of it. But WILL run refugium off the manifold as well.

I read it difficult to tune the siphon with the manifolds but I have no experience of that myself. Maybe the flow to the reactors is so small it does not matter that much. I only run the BRS reactors off of it. But WILL run refugium off the manifold as well.

Return to the tank, the reason I've asked the question is because to me if you run the reactor from the manifold you are basicly looping or recirculating the same water through the reactor...now if you use a designated pump located at the first sump section (filter socks and skimmer section) and the reactor output to the return pump section of the sump you're covering different water always, but that is what I think.

Sent from my LG-MS840 using Tapatalk 2

Return to the tank. It then dump into the return again, but that area is fed from the fuge as well as the skimmer section. Although some water is recirculated, there is lots of dilution going on...