• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

GHA

DYIguy

NJRC Member
in earlier tanks I had a gha problem, in my 75- which about 2 years going now it was a nuisance, but not a problem to me- others might disagree- one's nuisance is another's problem- that said, the gha was mostly on my powerheads and some coral skeletons- but not on rock. I've mentioned that I've been a bit lax since my broken ankle with water changes etc. Recently I noticed that my gha was disappearing/ subsiding. I did get a blue eye tang and it's great picking at rocks all day, but I never saw it actually pick at the gha. I also have a couple of large turbo snails, but they also seem to spend their time on the glass and sand bed and I've had them for a long time- I have 2 feather dusters that had a huge coating of gha and in just a few days it was gone- I don't check out the tank after lights out, so I don't know what's happening then
Just happy

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I'd say it's the tang. I have 3 tangs and they do the job. Especially if you have a kole.