• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Glass cleaning the lazy way

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
[video=youtube;tBh6FyDpFS0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBh6FyDpFS0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

howze01

NJRC Member
At first I thought that was just ridiculous but it was awesome when it "docked" itself to charge. Still pretty ridiculous.

Someone call the tang po po police

I'd buy it for $250 if it means never having to scrape the glass, figure if it lasts 3 years, well worth the $

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
But one nice big grain of sand and you’ll know the path your little robot took that day, and every day thereafter (or every time it cleans), until you realize it has sand under the pad. :(

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I agree with Paul. That's not a risk I'm willing to make. Besides, it only does one section of glass? I would need at least 3 of them. And one of them would need to be able to avoid my VorTech pump and a Sebae Anemone that likes to "lean" on the glass on the one side.

My other concern is how good it would clean along the edges where the silicone meets. I know I have a hard time cleaning mine with a mag float and usually have to end up using a razor blade to get the very edges.

Sounds like a great idea, but unless I had an inside the wall tank with a bare bottom and no obstructions along the front... I'll stick to the old fashioned way.