• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Go big or flood your house

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
your Alk is super high or test kit is way off....the calcium would be a little low too

what test kit are you using?

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
i would retest before i did anything to rule out the user error....

If you are dosing anything like Kalk or Buffer or 2 part, let it go for a lil so the tank can ween itself off and stabilize

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
i dunno, what i would say is to have another test your water for a second opinion to dbl check that your test kits are accurate....not saying its you but if you're not dosing anything, im leaning towards that

i dunno, what i would say is to have another test your water for a second opinion to dbl check that your test kits are accurate....not saying its you but if you're not dosing anything, im leaning towards that
I agree I have a backup of every test kit two different brands just to make sure if I get a crazy number for alkalinity my go to is a Hanna checker

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

the only thing else I could think it would be is not mixing salt water long enough

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Its like baking a cake....to allow the salt and added elements to properly mix.

I'm now using aquaforest salt which is ready for use in about 15-20 min. Prior I was using instant ocean reef crystals which I was mixing for atleast 6hrs before use

Not saying that's the case but we're just trying to rule out some possibilities

I use reef crystals and let it mix overnight it's good to let it aerate. I heat the rodi water to tank temp first then put salt in and let it mix overnight.

Its like baking a cake....to allow the salt and added elements to properly mix.

I'm now using aquaforest salt which is ready for use in about 15-20 min. Prior I was using instant ocean reef crystals which I was mixing for atleast 6hrs before use

Not saying that's the case but we're just trying to rule out some possibilities
Oh I never knew that I have always mixed right in,the spot then,checkes the salinity and put in,the tank never had issues prior but ill check that

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I mix my water for 1 hour and then it gets put away for a week then mix for another hour before going in the tank. I never seem to have any issues with that and I use RC