• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Good Marine Fish Stores in North Jersey?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Trop, AO & OGII are all central, not so much "south". South around here means below Rt 70, at least! Most often even further south!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I like Aqua Oceans well enough, but being closed on Sunday and Monday has caused me to go elsewhere more than once.

I'm from northern jersey. experience going to these stores are fairly accurate almost at a store once or twice a week.

1. absolutely fish - nice place to go bought two live stock one died and one thrives. nice selection, clean, prices are fair to high priced.

2. reef encounter - have been there MANY times. love the place cause my grandfather used to take me there. not much selection but you know when you buy a fish there it's going to live and prosper.

3. fish tank - been there approximate 10+ times. just bought fish there two weeks ago and was very disappointed that there was ich then spread over my butterflies. as mentioned in previous remark, a lot of dead fish lying around.

4. rt4 aquarium = horrible! I was there maybe 3-5 minutes and disgusted will never go again.

5. pet co - rt 17n no selection. all clowns

6. fish town u.s.a - rt17s. as stated on their site look for ramsey saturn and won't be hard to find. due to the name it annoyed me because of low selection and high prices.

overall, disappointed in the lack of marine fish selections in the area. there needs to be atleast ONE decent one to find everything.