• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Google Chrome

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Check IT out!

Seems really fast. And has a built in spell checker too!!

There is a problem with Sirius streaming though. Hopefully they get that fixed soon.

Plus the best part is........ it's not Microsoft!

I've been using it off and on and it's a lot faster than Firefox which is a memory hog. Right now I have five tabs open in Firefox and it's using 133 mb of memeory.

Rich - I use Starplayr http://starplayr.com/ for Surius. And it's free too

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It's amazingly fast. I clicked on your link and it seemed like less then a second and the whole page was up.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That's pretty slick player Greg. Seems the sound quality is a little bit diminished. Hopefully they get it worked out in the beta release.

Subliminal

NJRC Member
I used Chrome exclusively for a week or so. Since then, I've switched to the new Firefox 3.1 Beta 1, and it's everybit as fast, plus it's a fully functioning browser.

...and it's not microsoft.

It's actually nice that, on my home computer, my wife uses Explorer exclusively, and I use FF, and we both use Gmail and a few other sites, and so we can both save our info without having to log in/out of things.

Plus, if you get IE tabs for firefox, then you don't have to switch back and forth between browsers for sites that need ActiveX or whatever...just open them in an IE tab.