• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Great meeting!

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Any kind of rocks will do but you do need to re-cure it no matter what. I have all the rocks now in my 90 I need to post pics so you guys can check it. It looks pretty cool.

jceli728 said:
One more question! does it have to be cured in any kind of way or just cycled in the tank?

If it's a new tank, I don't see why you can't cycle it in there. A very little waterplug goes a looooong way if used correctly and sparingly. BUT I would cure it in a tub if you already have inhabitants in the tank.
The strength of the structure will come from the frame of plastic coat hangers and zipties. The waterplug is used to strengthen the gaps in between and hold them together tightly. Think of the metal rods in building/bridge structures. Mortar fills and strengthens them to the blocks or bricks. Same concept, but at a smaller scale.

Hey Ed, I was curious what you've done with those pillars, throw us a pic will ya!