• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Green Slimer...

Now that there is a dedicated forum, time to ask my question that all my searches just didn't answer. A few weeks ago i was in Absolutely Fish and top left of the tank with all the MH's, in the way back left of it with a note saying "green slimer not for sale" was well, duh, a green slimer. Now I have seen different pics that all look completely different. Their's was a metallic green base with forest green polyps, very very hairy looking, and the base shimmered almost rainbow when the current blew the polyps around. Whether that was a true slimer or not, I need that morph. Anyone know what i'm talking about? or where I might find something similiar?
-Jay

sounds good, my fridays beat might as well drink some beers and look at corals, nothing better when the night gets ruined!

C

concept3

slimer2.jpg

how about this?

Looks about right, do you have a full shot of it? I couldn't get too close cause of how it was positioned in the tank. I was maybe 3 feet away from it. I have been looking for this everyday since I saw it. Haven't been back since that time, but will be making a trip next week and I'll have to see.

C

concept3

that shot was taken in November, but has been long gone and raffled off to club members.

The club has a huge foray of different frags of SPS, LPS and softies. I DO have one more encrusted frag of that that BELONGS to the club, It's about an Inch across and has encrusted the plug it's sitting on. If you're coming to the meeting this february, I can bring it for you (on behalf of the club of course) and you can pay the proceeds directly to Phyl or Bob. I'm also still in possession of some blue tipped staghorn and purple nana frags....

Where does the club meet? Im new to the group. Is there an info thread on the site? I would like some more info. Im in Hackensack and would like to meet some people into the hobby near by. Thanks.

Does it look like this?

I will try and find another picture

Jason

Attachments

• green slimmer.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 233
It was a very small piece. Proably abuot 3 inches tall, and about 4 inches wide at the base. It was encrusted over the plug. I saw very light green tips for new growth, but it was only a centimeter of new. I knew I should have taken a pic with my phone. That would possibly have been it, but I can't tell. I'll have to call them tomorow to see if they still have it so I can at least get a pic if it's not yet for sale.

C

concept3

here's a pic of the actual slimer nub... just got done editing.

slimerplug.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have 2 pieces of slimer. One is trying to mate with my egg crate and the other one is going to be raffled off at a future meeting.

At the February meeting we will be raffling some green pavona, frogspawn, green poccilopora, birdsnest, merulina, purple nana, green mushrooms, green prostrata (we've got a real green theme going on here), Orange cap, green cap, pink leather, green star polyps...

The raffle tickets will be on sale for:
2 for 5; 5 for 10; 12 for 20, 24 for 30.

We will have member's only raffles for an orange ricordia and a nice multi-color (green, purple, teal, ...) SPS frag.

We have extras of most of these for sale. Please PM me if you'd like me to bring one along for you.

I asked before and no one replied! Where does the group meet? I would like some details. If there is a link on this site then direct me. Thanks.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The meeting thread is in the general forum. It can be found here:

http://www.njreefers.org/forums/index.php/topic,765.0.html

It is a 7 page topic stickied at the top of that forum ;D

Each of our meetings are held at a members home in a different part of the state. January was Hackensack (what are the odds, right?!). February will be in Bordentown and March will be in Piscatway. April is in Oldwick. The schedule of upcoming meetings is on the home page with a link to here: http://www.njreefers.org/upcoming/000011.html listing all of the year's meetings.

Hope that helps some. Your question probably would have gotten more immediate attention if you had started a new topic.

Welcome to NJRC!