• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Growth right???

I've noticed over the past few days the tips of my millis' are turning white or is it new growth, what do you think? Neither pic turned out very well :(

233_02_11_07_4_18_56_0.jpg

233_02_11_07_4_18_57_1.jpg

I would vote for a new growth. When my millis are stressed, the sweeper tentacles are first to retract over whole coral (before polyps). You still have them extended all over the corals and in particular around white tips, so I would guess a new growth. In any case keep an eye on it for a few days.

I have great polyp extension on all my corals since bumping up the flow, added a Seio 1500 to my 2 tunze 6060s. I guess I'm a little concerned that I bumped it up too much as this started to take place after adding the extra powerhead and my concern is it's ripping the skin right off these corals ???

sinkingbeach said:
I have great polyp extension on all my corals since bumping up the flow, added a Seio 1500 to my 2 tunze 6060s. I guess I'm a little concerned that I bumped it up too much as this started to take place after adding the extra powerhead and my concern is it's ripping the skin right off these corals ???

The flow would rip the protruding polyps and sweeper tentacles first, wouldn't it :)

So if they are fine, the rest of the tisue would not be worse.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'll agree and say new growth, my millies always have little white tips and they are growing like mad.