• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

gyre 150 broken

and the maxspect website says they dont have my email on file so I cant get a hold of anyone for parts or warranty info.
Any Ideas?
Chris

just ordered

new blades and bushings
new shaft and bushings

when you take apart the motor itself there are 2 tiny o rings that i couldn't find on the parts page
and the 2 plastic driver parts (cant think of the name) I believe i ordered but cant be sure
one fits inside the driver and the other fits on the other side on the end of the other ceramic shaft. i dropped the one on the outside shaft and cant find it....
any proper names would be appreciated. i think i got the one I needed for the outer ceramic shaft but im not sure and the tiny o-rings no idea...
i really wanted to buy the new gyre and not put money into this one but i need it to work. One of the blades broke and then when I took it apart i saw a chip in the end of the ceramic shaft on the side that comes apart.
The company is saying I dont have an account associated with my email and I know I registered it as soon as I got it.....
grrrrrr
thank goodness for the back up Tunzes...

Yeah. Vortech. I'm not putting a ticket in because they say my email is not registered. I refereed the day I got it. Oh well I overnighted new parts. Right now I have it running in true gyre form. Forward then reverse. No where near enough power for my tank. I wish the 170 was out...

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
This overpriced piece of plastic breaks on you after a couple months and now you talk about buying another?????

This overpriced piece of plastic breaks on you after a couple months and now you talk about buying another?????

Everyone may not remember or isn't aware that I personally launched (while working at IceCap) the VorTech pumps for EcoTech in 2005. There are always glitches and issues when developing a new product. When remembering the past, the launch of the Maxspect Gyre has gone fairly smooth so far. No product is perfect, but the manufacturer needs to be diligent in making sure they deliver a solid design at a fair price and I believe Maxspect/CoralVue is doing just that. Give me the 10 years with the Gyre and then we can talk apples to apples.

Chris

So a big thank you to Carlos from coral view. We went over my issue and he has sent out a new body and controller. There was some kind of glitch and my pump registration was mia. When it had stopped working I couldn't wait and ordered all the other parts - bearings blades cages driver ceramic whaychamacallit (very technical term).
Anyway I'm waiting for the new body and controller. I hope they get here quick. Everyone knows Murphy right? Well I'm going away for a week and don't even want to think about things crapping out. Thank god I kept my 3 tunzes they are providing flow right now. It's an 8 foot long tank and even the gyre 150 is not enough to move enough water. I tried to get them to let me buy a 170 but that was a negative. So I'm going to get this fixed and prob pick up a vortech Asa supplement. Or a big Tunze. I wish we weren't going away....I'm nuts I know but the tank is growing really well. I don't want a fatal equipment failure. I'm going to ask a couple of local reefers to keep an eye on it. I have extra everything (almost) but putting everything together takes personal knowledge of the system. I tried to get the wife to cancel the trip. Nope. Oh well.....