• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Happy Fathers Day Boys!

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
ReeferNets said:
Happy Fathers Day All..

I hope your all proud papas and proud reef dads.
Thanks all and Happy father's day in return. I do not think mine could have been happier. The adoption of my younger two went though on Friday and we are now officially family. We had 3 great days of fun and sun at playplaces, the campground and beach. I was also handed the cash to go ahead and order the new deep series tank that I want to move my reef into at my new house that we are moving into this Friday.

WOW that was a lot going on, but I haven't been much happier except maybe on my wedding day!

Taz

momof6kids

NJRC Member
[size=10pt]Happy Father's Day to all of you!! [/size]

Tazmaniancowboy said:
ReeferNets said:
Happy Fathers Day All..

I hope your all proud papas and proud reef dads.
Thanks all and Happy father's day in return. I do not think mine could have been happier. The adoption of my younger two went though on Friday and we are now officially family. We had 3 great days of fun and sun at playplaces, the campground and beach. I was also handed the cash to go ahead and order the new deep series tank that I want to move my reef into at my new house that we are moving into this Friday.

WOW that was a lot going on, but I haven't been much happier except maybe on my wedding day!

Taz

Taz, How exciting for you!! Congratulations on the adoption. I have 2 adopted sisters and 1 adopted brother. And over 100 foster brothers and sisters. My parents are still having children in for respit care. Just met the newest on yesterday. ;D

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks Mom...wow that sounds wierd! LOL We've had around a dozen kids ranging from 3 weeks to 3 years old. My first fosterdaughter was returned to her mother after 15 months. That was really tough. We adopted all four of our kids(2 sibling sets of 2) ages 6,5,4,3. with all thaat we're going through, we are taking a break from fostering to enjoy our kids. Later down the line, I'm sure we'll be fostering again. It just feels so good to help these children out.

taz

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Tazmaniancowboy said:
Thanks Mom...wow that sounds wierd! LOL We've had around a dozen kids ranging from 3 weeks to 3 years old. My first fosterdaughter was returned to her mother after 15 months. That was really tough. We adopted all four of our kids(2 sibling sets of 2) ages 6,5,4,3. with all thaat we're going through, we are taking a break from fostering to enjoy our kids. Later down the line, I'm sure we'll be fostering again. It just feels so good to help these children out.

taz

That is so hard when they go back to their sometimes abusive homes. It was the reason I felt I could never do it. It takes a very special person.

I can remember when I was about 12 years old there was a little girl who lived with us for about a year and then was returned to her home where she had been abused. I remember yelling at the case worker who picked her up, telling her that the girl better not get hurt again. I was devastated.

But, many of them have kept ties open. We were just up there this weekend and my one foster brother showed up to visit and wish my dad a Happy Father's Day. He came to our home over 40 years ago.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Congrats Taz! Enjoy the new digs and your kids as well!

Erna, that's amazing! Great to see that some still keep in touch. We had a foster child live with us when we were growing up. Just one though... not a hundred!

Happy (belated) father's day, guys!

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Phyl said:
Erna, that's amazing! Great to see that some still keep in touch. We had a foster child live with us when we were growing up. Just one though... not a hundred!

That's why 6 kids seem like a small family to me. ;D