• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Harlequin Tusk

Looking for a show piece fish for my 225 reef tank. I always thought they were cool I know they dont mess with coral but they can eat small fish and clean up crews. Anyone have first hand experience with them or any other suggestions for a show piece fish.

Current fish are kole tank, naso tank, Male and female blue throat trigger, 3 clownfish, foxface, melanurus wrasse, yellow watchman goby, Lyretail Anthias, 3 Blue Green Chromis

I had one in my 180 when I had it. Loved it from the get go. Never messed with any fish, but i never say my shrimps again. And if a small snail dropped off the glass it was toast. It was relatively small though, only about 3-4"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

He has been at the lfs for about a month looks really good its about 4 to 5 inches. Really thinking hard about picking him up. Just worry about him causing trouble. If he eats a snail here and there I can live with that.

I have had mine for over a year or so. Great specimen and leaves my cleaner shrimp alone but any other clean up crew is fair game. If a hermit is too big he picks up to make it exposed and eats it. So is life. This is the price you pay for 'not so reef safe'