• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Having trouble with my rodi tds

Just replaced all my ro filters and i cant get the tds down to 0. Wierd part is that its saying 0 before the membrane and 1-2 after the membrane and 2 di stages.. I had 0 tds before i changed all the filters. Even changed the battery in the tds meter. I have the filters in order, 5 mic 5mic 1 mic 0.6 mic/carbon 150 gpd membrane di and di. Checked the membrane 2x, its seated good , 55 - 60 psi around 70 degrees. I flushed around 10 gallons, and made 10 gallons, still tds reading 1, Really frustrating.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
I feel your pain Nick. I have had the same issue many times. Even now the TDS is at 1 and will not go to 0.
I leave it like that and eventually after 100G of water it does to to 0 sometimes :O - go figure.

Just replaced all my ro filters and i cant get the tds down to 0. Wierd part is that its saying 0 before the membrane and 1-2 after the membrane and 2 di stages.. I had 0 tds before i changed all the filters. Even changed the battery in the tds meter. I have the filters in order, 5 mic 5mic 1 mic 0.6 mic/carbon 150 gpd membrane di and di. Checked the membrane 2x, its seated good , 55 - 60 psi around 70 degrees. I flushed around 10 gallons, and made 10 gallons, still tds reading 1, Really frustrating.

Nick - can't tell where your have the TDS meter probes. Are they on your 1) RO water and 2) DI water?

There's no way your water would have been at 0 TDS BEFORE the membrane. Something's not right....

Russ

Also - don't forget - with those inline probes, they have to be oriented (twisted) corectly. Check your original instructions of let me know if your can't find them.

Russ

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I was thinking the same thing as Russ. Seems to me like you might have mixed up the ins and outs tubing on either the TDS meter or the first di cartridge (or both.)

If you're running water through the di backwards, it could be causing the bad reading.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I use the spectra pure max cap...they recommend when changing filters to disinfect the canisters before inserting the new filter mediums...also the di cartridge should be fresh, if sitting in stock, they can dry out and not function properly.