• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Heading to the Georgia Aquarium this weekend

I'm heading to the Georgia Aquarium for the long weekend with the family. I have 2 young girls and looking to see if anyone has any good tips, what not to miss, local food recommendations (will be staying at the Sheraton near by). I have already set up the Dolphin encounter and sea otter encounter.

A must see!

So back from the long weekend trip to Atlanta. We had a great time. I've been to a lot of aquariums (Camden, NY, Monterey Bay, Epcot-I dived in that tank, London, Hong Kong) and this one is incredible. The size of the tanks and the ability to see whale sharks, manta rays and beluga whales is incredible. And after you had enough, you can walk across the park and get jacked up on all types of sodas from around the world from the World of Coca Cola.

All picture taken with my phone, but I'm pretty happy with the quality.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nice pictures. I've been to quite a few aquariums my self....but not Georga yet. If I'm not mistaken, I think George is the largest aquarium in the US.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nice pictures. I've been to quite a few aquariums my self....but not Georga yet. If I'm not mistaken, I think George is the largest aquarium in the US.
Paul, my tank is only 120 gallons, so I doubt it's the largest in the US. :p

Seriously though, the Georgia Aquarium just got added to my future vacation list for sure.

Thanks for sharing your experience and the great pics Mike!

Now just have to wait till someone here can build a tank with it part of the ceiling, while the picture shows the relative size, it's really hard to believe how big these tanks are. The family is already saying they want to go back. Next time, will do the behind the scenes tour and the dive the tank program.