• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

heater(s) for 40B

Hello everyone. I am very close to having everything I need for my new 40B to get set up, but I have yet to get heaters. I was originally just going to use the heater from my 20T and an extra I have laying around, but hey, tax refunds are coming soon;) I just looked or BRS and it seemed like everything they had didn't get a very good rating. I was thinking of getting 2 100 or 150 watt heaters and a controller. Also, I wanted to put one in my HOB cpr fuge. Can you recommend anything?

Hello everyone. I am very close to having everything I need for my new 40B to get set up, but I have yet to get heaters. I was originally just going to use the heater from my 20T and an extra I have laying around, but hey, tax refunds are coming soon;) I just looked or BRS and it seemed like everything they had didn't get a very good rating. I was thinking of getting 2 100 or 150 watt heaters and a controller. Also, I wanted to put one in my HOB cpr fuge. Can you recommend anything?

I plan on getting a cobolt neotherm heater to go in my aquafuge. Its nice and thin and the reviews where great
http://www.petsolutions.com/C/Aquarium-Heaters/I/Neo-Therm-Heaters.aspx

Here is a link to there youtube video
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=l7MhjNtjaDI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dl7MhjNtjaDI

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
The cobalts are supposed to be amazing, I think they top out at 100w. If you need the 150w the Jaegers.

The cobalts are supposed to be amazing, I think they top out at 100w. If you need the 150w the Jaegers.

For some reason most places don't carry the 150 or the 200 but the link I put up there has them but they are on back order till February. And it says the 200w is good for up to 48 gallons so it should be just right for a 40b with the aquafuge

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
They are probably new, the only knock I have read on these heaters is that they are not bigger so they may have gone ahead and made the two bigger models and that is why they are backordered (my own speculation).

The other thing you can do it get 2 of the 100w to have some redundancy.