• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Heaters

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sounds like good advice. So now the question is what controller do you recommend.

Oh boy! A can of worms on this one. Everyone has their favorite......If you tell me who makes the best spaghetti sauce, I'll tell you who makes the best controller. :eek:

You can get a controller just for your heaters/chillers, or you can get a controller that controls everything. I'm an "everything" person, and I went with a ReefKeeper......and it's the older model.....ReefKeeper 2.

Well. That would be my wife. My mother taught her how to make sauce. Looks like I have some research to do. Wouldn't mind the one you can access remotely. Big bucks though.

Oh boy! A can of worms on this one. Everyone has their favorite......If you tell me who makes the best spaghetti sauce, I'll tell you who makes the best controller. :eek:

You can get a controller just for your heaters/chillers, or you can get a controller that controls everything. I'm an "everything" person, and I went with a ReefKeeper......and it's the older model.....ReefKeeper 2.

x2 on reef keeper. I'm also an everything person & love mine so far.

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have been running a Blueline titanium heater on a Neptune AC Jr. for about 3 years without a issue, works like a charm. Ed, Ranco has been around for a while.

Bob

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
I just got two Blueline titanium 500 watters last night. Going to hook them up to the Aqua Controller tonight.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

I have 3 of them, two of them I've used now for over a year and have not had any problems. Only downside is they stopped using the magnet mounts and went to suction cups.

The controller can be calibrated which is nice. I have two running on my 120 (500W main and 300W backup) and I calibrated them together and over the last two weeks they have not been more than 0.1 degree apart.

I have 3 of them, two of them I've used now for over a year and have not had any problems. Only downside is they stopped using the magnet mounts and went to suction cups.

The controller can be calibrated which is nice. I have two running on my 120 (500W main and 300W backup) and I calibrated them together and over the last two weeks they have not been more than 0.1 degree apart.
Sorry. I just reviewed your last post and saw you already recommended this. Thanks.