• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hello

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I lost my avatar, 14 days of logged in time, 700 pm's and probably 1200+ posts ::), but it sure feels good to be back home! 8)
Thanks Phyl,Ed and anyone else who helped get us back up, especially this fast! When I found out what happened I thought we were in for a long haul. Sorry I wasn't of any help, I'm feeling better now, but that back end stuff is way over my head! Let me know if there is anything else that I can help with though.

falconut

NJRC Member
Nice job everybody it's like it was before, maybe minus some posts or PM's . But so far that's no big deal, for me at least. Glad to see it back.

falconut

NJRC Member
I just noticed that I can't see any of the member forums. Is this area still down or is it just my status? I joined less than a year ago, so if it was based off year old info, that might be why.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
falconut said:
I just noticed that I can't see any of the member forums. Is this area still down or is it just my status? I joined less than a year ago, so if it was based off year old info, that might be why.
This will take time. we will probably have to go through member by member to "re-upgrade" to paid member's status. My suggestion to anybody that has this problem is to pm a BOD member or email your info to officers@njreefers.org so we can verify and upgrade you. Please be patient when doing so, there is a lot of work being done to bring us back up to speed!

Thermosts said:
I've been checking the board every hour to the last week hoping it would come back. Glad to see the place back up and running again. ;D

+1, is there a thread explaining what happened?

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nickjr000 said:
Thermosts said:
I've been checking the board every hour to the last week hoping it would come back. Glad to see the place back up and running again. ;D

+1, is there a thread explaining what happened?

Did you get the email about it?

Don't think there is one so lets make it this one.

From the email:
As you are aware, our site, www.NJREEFERS.org , has been down for the last few days. After doing our research, we found that the host service we were using abandoned their building, disappearing with all of our data. We are now faced with the task of having to rebuild our database from a backup copy.

We believe there to be some data loss but have to do a bit more research to determine the extent. Rest assured that we are working very diligently to get the site back up as quickly as possible with as much of our history as possible.

We hope to be back up sooner than later and will continue to keep you posted as we have information to pass on.

Thank you for your patience and support as we work through this issue.
NJRC Board of Directors

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nickjr000 said:
Didnt get any email, so thanks for that. Wow they abandoned the building huh? That stinks

Ahhh very good then, now you know. Knowing is half the battle. Go Joe! ;D

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Good job getting the site back up gang. Losing a year isn't the end of the world... I'm just glad to be back!

The chances of this happening to us again is pretty unlikely, but I think we should learn from this and make someone responsible for backing up the data at least once a month... just in case. ;)

PS:
I seem to be having some issues when trying to view and/or post in the "General Discussion" forum. I keep seeing the following error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 52068 bytes) in /home/njrcweb/public_html/njreefers.org/joomla/components/com_smf/smf.class.php on line 339

Not sure if that's a memory error of the server or from my comp, but it's only happened in that forum so far.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That error happened when we brought back the shout box. I've disabled the shout box until I can get a resolution from the new hosting provider.

We'll definitely be getting backups diligently taken care of! :)

malulu

NJRC Member
TanksNStuff said:

PS:
I seem to be having some issues when trying to view and/or post in the "General Discussion" forum. I keep seeing the following error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 52068 bytes) in /home/njrcweb/public_html/njreefers.org/joomla/components/com_smf/smf.class.php on line 339

Not sure if that's a memory error of the server or from my comp, but it's only happened in that forum so far.

i got that same error last night...

i over come it with this:
- go in the "General Discussion" forum
- click on any other thread that "near" to the thread that you want to see
- then use the Previous (or next) link on the top, it will then get in to the thread successfully without problem afterward.

I get that announcement everytime I log on...
i think this is where I do this thought. I'm new to the site this is my first post!! i look foward to contributing and learning to/from the community!!
my name is

Bill
i'm a monmouth county resident 29yrs
i've got 5 yrs saltwater
and nearly 18 freshwater experience
currently i run a 30 gallon
ATI-T-5 lighting (4 bulbs)
semi reef tank

my livestock is
1X true perc.1X clarkii,1X blue hippo,1X yellow tang,1X coral banded shrimp.
1X GBTA, 1X RBTA, 2 frogspawn colonies, pagoda cup coral, 1 torch coral colony some waving xenias and various polys

I'll post pics when i get a new camera for now I dont have one...

thanks everyone