• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Help building stand

So after getting the stand down stairs for the new 225 gallon (thanks Tim) and cutting the wall out getting the stand in place I think I want to have a new stand built just to be on the safe side the old stand looks a little water damaged and I would rather be safe then sorry. So looking for someone to help. I have probably all the tools I need just not that good at building so looking for help.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Theres always pulling off the pieces that are water damaged and replacing them, and then refinishing the current stand.

horseplay

NJRC Member
Wow the opening looks huge. Looking forward to seeing it's built.

I would start from scratch and sheet rock below the tank as well. Much cleaner look. Frame an opening above the tank for feeding etc ...

Theres always pulling off the pieces that are water damaged and replacing them, and then refinishing the current stand.
The walls are made of plywood and they are part of the water damages and splitting so I think starting from scratch is the best bet

Never used the stand, it was used when I drained from previous owner... I didn't really look into how it was built since I was putting directly in wall. If you need help with stand still shoot me a text and we can do one. Steel or wood up to you

Bad Fish

Officer Emeritus
I used all pressure treated 2x4's for the base that attached to my concrete. Regular 2x4's for the legs and anything above the sump. I did not want to chance any pressure treated lumber pieces falling into my sump or from any moisture above