• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

HELP. My clown abandoned his carpet anemone.

My clown stopped going near his anemone. They have been together for over a century. WHAT HAPPENED? what should i do?

ReeferNets said:
Where has your clown gone too?

What kind of carpet is it.

Have you noticed any aggrression from the anemone?
he lives in a 29 gal alone. he is staying in the corners.
i am not sure what type of carpet, i have had him for over 12 years.

Have I noticed any aggression? Yes, he eats any live animal I add. Even sea urchents.

Do you have a pic? im guessing most likely haddoni and it might be getting aggrresive or your clowns may no longer want to host it. It may have tried to eat it or stung it too much.

Pics would be good. and 12 years thats awsome

Yea, I think that's what it is, Haddoni. My kids saw the clown going up to the anemone and biting it. I will look for a photo or take one. Thanks. BTW the clown is 12 years old too. His mate died a few years back.

Renee im sorry but your clown maybe getting very old. In your care for 12 years means its probably 14 - 15 years old.

He may just be getting some alzhiemers. Anemones can live for a long time.

ReeferNets said:
Do you have a pic? im guessing most likely haddoni and it might be getting aggrresive or your clowns may no longer want to host it. It may have tried to eat it or stung it too much.

Pics would be good. and 12 years thats awsome

Here they are in their happier days.

DSC_0190.jpg

ReeferNets said:
Renee im sorry but your clown maybe getting very old. In your care for 12 years means its probably 14 - 15 years old.

He may just be getting some alzhiemers. Anemones can live for a long time.

OK, well I moved here with the anemone, 13 years ago. The clown may be 10-11 years.

Actually, Anthony Calfo stated that anemones are immortal. Environment being stable. Thats why they reproduce so slowly in the wild. A carpet splits once every 4 years or so in the wild.

That is an incredible that you have had them that long.  I am impressed with my fish living after 4 years.  Wow it is just so cool, is that tank stand alone?  I sort of thought small fish had a more limited lifespan, is that true or just some sort of assumption I made?