• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Help Needed on Rehoming Dogs

SeahorseKeeper

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
So, I have a friend who is in a desperate situation and is trying to rehome two pit mixes. My friend had some MAJOR family issues and now has to move to Pittsburgh. The new house has a strict no dog rule and she is not in a situation where she can be picky about where she moves to. She had a home lined up for them but it completely fell apart. Now, she has until Sunday to find a home for her 2 dogs. She is really looking for ideally a loving home for each dog or a no kill shelter. Anyone have any ideas of a good shelter that I can recommend to her? I have interacted with her dogs and they are super sweet. The female is very cautious of strangers out in public, but at home she is a love bug. My friend and I both realize that if she has to take her dogs to a high kill shelter that the probability of her dogs being euthanized is quite high. Please if anyone has any ideas let me know.

If you can't find a home, call cherry hill petco and ask them about the pitbull shelter they partner with. They specialize in pits. 856-488-0643

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

SeahorseKeeper

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you can't find a home, call cherry hill petco and ask them about the pitbull shelter they partner with. They specialize in pits. 856-488-0643

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Thank you! I will pass that along!

Here is a pic of the two dogs:
10167982_850724098288136_8349547222366029790_n.jpg

Zeke, the male, is on the left and Maddie, the female, is on the right.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Got your PM Krista. I sent the link of this thread to my Sis. I'll let you know if I hear anything back.

SeahorseKeeper

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Some more info about the dogs. Zeke is about 2-3 years old. He is great with children and cats (bunnies too). However with other dogs, he gets along best with females. Maddie is also great with children, cats and bunnies. Maddie is very cautious of new people especially in a public setting. She isn't aggressive, but is standoffish to new people. With time, she does warm up to people.

It's a bit of a drive but north shore animal league in Long Island is a no kill shelter that is one of the nicest I've seen. I have a no pet/fish lease (shh) that's where I got my cats. Good luck with them, wish I could take them :-(