• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

help planning

im gonna make a sump thats 120 gal for 180 tank,the 120 was a sump at one point,im looking for the best ideas to make this sump work again any ideas or pics would help gonna try to put up pics,will k1 media work for saltwater tanks or no,also i want to ad socks to this sump i know how to make it but where shuld i put it in this sump thanks 18fisherStand,tank2.13.12 008.jpgtanks2.17.2012 008.jpg this is the tank and the stand that stand im makeingStand,tank2.13.12 006.jpgStand,tank2.13.12 004.jpg thanks 18fisher

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you're looking for advice on how to setup a sump... best advice I can give you is check out Melev's site.

Tons of great ideas, as well as some plans on how to design your own.

Hope that helps.

This is my sump. You can get an idea of how to set yours up.

Starting from the left. The water from the tank drains into the sock in the first section of the sump with the skimmer. Than it overflows a single baffle into the middle section. Than it go's over three baffles into the last section where it gets returned to the tank. In my case, the pump is in the stand underneath. Hope that helps.

SumpFilling2.jpg

1e411978.jpg

keep the pics comeing,great looking sumps,also went to utube and did not find what i was looking for,so the skimmer should go first,what about bio balls , k1 not needed ?,plus i would like to add ref,just because this sump is so big 72x17x 22 tall so i would like to make one with everything in it,also the tank is glass if i add more sections will the plastic stick with glue to the glass? thanks again also im very bad on this computer thanks 18fisher