• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Help plumbing a frag tank

So I was sitting down and planning out my frag tank I plan on picking up soon and trying to figure out the parts to buy and I am confused as to what I would need to reduce a piping in a bulkhead. I have an eshopps overflow coming and plan on using a clarisea 3000 and I believe they both use a 1" piping which makes the overflow super easy to put together. The problem I'm running into is how to convert a bulkhead into a smaller diameter. I plan on picking up a cor20 return pump and from watching videos they recommend using a 1 1/4" piping which is fine but BRS only sells slip x threaded bulkheads in 1 1/4". And I was looking at using loc-line for my return but it appears the largest you can get for loc-line is 3/4". Would it be better to try and configure a reduction after using a 1 1/4" bulkhead in the tank? Or should I try to reduce the piping from 1 1/4" coming off the return pump down to 3/4" and use a 3/4" bulkhead? Or should I not use 1 1/4" return plumbing?

Although now that I'm looking into it deeper could I use a 1 1/4" bulkhead and install a Schedule 80 Reducing Bushing 1 1/4” Thread x 3/4” Thread and then install the NPT Connector for 3/4” Modular Hose?