• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Here we go

Candi said:
I'm getting a new used tank in a couple weeks, no canopy... might be harassing you to help me build one ;)

IME those orange rics grow/split really nicely, I had one small originally that is a big mess of them now and has even dropped a few seperate ones.

WOW, that's awesome, Candi! You've got to be SO excited! I'd be more than happy to help you with the canopy - it's a piece of cake. ;D

You know, I have honestly neglected my household because I can't tear myself away from the tank for too long. :-[ It goes something like this: Wash 2 dishes, go look at tank. Was a few more, go look at tank. Get out vacuum cleaner, go look at tank. Vacuum one room, go look at tank. Play with the birds IN FRONT of tank. :eek: LOL.

---
Wendy

LOL I can totally relate, between my 3yr old and my tanks most everything else gets neglected. I go into the living room or dining room for something, then of course look in my tanks, notice that something fell over or the fish look hungry, or the skimmer needs to be emptied... needless to say a good 1/2 hour or more later I have no idea what I even went in there for and by then I need to play cooties or little pony or something LOL

Oh and I'm pretty excited, it's not a huge upgrade (50g to 70g & sump) but it's a oceanic tank/stand which will match my 30g cube in the same room and give me enough room to add another couple small fish :D plus no more worries about scratches on the acrylic etc.

Hey Wendy, looking great, you must be happy the tank is starting to fill up, soon you'll be thinking I want more coral "Time to upgrade" ;D

Thank you both so much.

Tom, it's no longer a secret, I let the cat out of the bag and told Alex about my plans for next Christmas. He's all for it! ;D Let's just hope I continue to succeed because I'm so afraid of something going terribly wrong all of a sudden.

It really is disturbing how much time I spend in front (and under) the tank. Ever since Alex put in the moon lights, I even sit in front of it late at night, watching other critters come out of the hiding. (brittle stars, amphipods, shrimp, emerald crabs, etc.)

---
Wendy

what did I miss, what are your plans for next Christmas? (if it's getting a bigger tank and parting with this gorgeous one, I want to be first in line for it LOL )

Candi said:
what did I miss, what are your plans for next Christmas? (if it's getting a bigger tank and parting with this gorgeous one, I want to be first in line for it LOL )

LOL. Candi, you didn't miss anything. Tom's known for a while that my ambition was to eventually upgrade to a bigger tank, but first I want to make sure I succeed with this setup. And the upgrade won't happen Christmas 2007, but next year. You'd better sit down for this one:

I won't sell this tank. It's going upstairs. :eek:

Yep, Wendy's officially going overboard. ;D

---
Wendy

JerseyWendy said:
Candi said:

LOL. Candi, you didn't miss anything. Tom's known for a while that my ambition was to eventually upgrade to a bigger tank, but first I want to make sure I succeed with this setup. And the upgrade won't happen Christmas 2007, but next year. You'd better sit down for this one:

I won't sell this tank. It's going upstairs. :eek:

Yep, Wendy's officially going overboard. ;D

---
Wendy

Overboard..........? OR pursuing a hobby a bit further is how I like to look at it!

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
ReefDrumz said:
What's the rule?? A tank for every floor in your home, I think. lol

Whew! I'm following the rules! Oh wait, I may have to set up a nano in the attic to be totally covered!

JohnS_323 said:
ReefDrumz said:
What's the rule?? A tank for every floor in your home, I think. lol

Whew! I'm following the rules! Oh wait, I may have to set up a nano in the attic to be totally covered!

Got any in the bathrooms yet? Sometimes I feel like that's the only "safe haven"!

Carlo