• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

here's the stocking plan

75 Gal. LRFO
1-blueface angel (I know eventually this fish will outgrow the tank)
1-threadfin butterfly
1 harlequin tuskfish
1 or 2 niger triggerfish
1 chevron tang or purple tang

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
That is quite an aggressive stocking plan. Are you looking to move up to a bigger tank soon?

hard to say which one will eat the other, the tusk or the triggers. everyone is bound to have a taste of the other before all is said an done.

we went to the LFS in DE and she loved the bird wrasse.. he would come to the surface and spit water at us.. it's was hilarious. Spit right in her face the first time, who knew it could do that :) ROFL

they are very active fish. maybe too active for a 75 gal tank. I had one in my first saltwater tank 25 yrs. ago. thinking porcupine puffer. its amazing how interactive they are with you. may get a small one and have to sell when it gets too big.

I added a small niger trigger to the tank last week. he is doing great.
added 2 1/2" blueface yesterday picked him up at aquatic obsessions. beautiful fish and he is out and eating well.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hey Dave. I have that 3inch Raccoon Butterfly fish you can have if your interested. If you ever decide to put zoos in your tank later, you would have to take out the Raccoon.

my wife said what are you nuts, that's a gorgous fish. so yes I'm interested Mike. thank you. tell me when it's a good time to come over.

DSC_1405.jpg

DSC_1419.jpg

DSC_1416.jpg

So my last fish was a chevron tang. he got ich and infested my whole tank. took the rocks out and caught the fish. put them in quarantine tank and started treating with copper slowly. first day I lost the Auriga(threadfin butterfly) second day I lost the raccoon (sorry Mike) third day lost the blueface :'( last fish swimming and cured is the niger trigger. this is my first case of ich ever and if nothing else I learned what I already (in theory) what I already knew. quarantine first.