• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hi from a new Reefer

Hi, my name is Omri, 33 in Englewood NJ. Always been into aquariums and had a AIO 38 gallon in 2012 that I forfeited after Sandy killed everything. Getting back into the game starting this weekend.
New Tank will be Red Sea Peninsula 650.
still deciding on lighting but looking to start with something eye catching and somewhat low maintenance. Will eventually want a mixed reef lor SPS dominates tank but I want to take this one slow. I made all the mistakes in rushing to fill coral in a tank that wasn’t ready for it and killed too many expensive stuff. Would love to meet some local reefers nearby who can share knowledge and help! Please reach out if you’re near Englewood :cool:

Welcome Omri. I look forward to watching every ones builds and ideas. Please start a tale of the tank and share photos as well as comments as often as you like. Just remember to share it all success and mistakes. This is a great community who help each other all the time (well they probably help me more than I help them :oo:). Best of luck and happy reefing.

Hi, my name is Omri, 33 in Englewood NJ. Always been into aquariums and had a AIO 38 gallon in 2012 that I forfeited after Sandy killed everything. Getting back into the game starting this weekend.
New Tank will be Red Sea Peninsula 650.
still deciding on lighting but looking to start with something eye catching and somewhat low maintenance. Will eventually want a mixed reef lor SPS dominates tank but I want to take this one slow. I made all the mistakes in rushing to fill coral in a tank that wasn’t ready for it and killed too many expensive stuff. Would love to meet some local reefers nearby who can share knowledge and help! Please reach out if you’re near Englewood :cool:
Welcome buddy. Looking forward to seeing your build!