• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

His First Tank

You may have seen him at a meeting or 2 ;), he's extremely excited about his very own first tank. Starting with 24g Current Aquapod, Current USA 150w HQI, Red Sea Prism skimmer(dad's going to change it out to a Tunze Nano DOC Protein Skimmer 9002 in the next month or two), uncertain about flow yet considering 1 Tunze 6025. This will house Nemo and Marlin(2 O. Clowns) ::) who have patiently waited in the sump since Dad's big move, with any luck the pj cardinal who has gracefully avoided capture :mad: ,along with a BTA, assorted zoa's, shrooms, and ricordea. Any suggestions towards flow are appreciated using the above stock list

233_12_04_07_8_24_38.JPG

Nice! I think he could fit in that tank!

As far as flow I think a few MJ1200s would be nice. Or maybe even 2 of the smaller Koralias (group buy taking place now)

Perhaps a wavemaker + the MJs?

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nice tank. By the time he's 10, he'll be ready for a 125gal. I suggest the smaller Hydors.

That is a nice tank :) I would personally use the Hydors for this tank in place of the 1200's. Reason: Each 1200 is 20watts of power. You could even throw in 4 mj900s at 8.5 watts a piece and still be using less wattage. However, the hydors will provide MUCHO circulation and then all you'd need is to replace the stock pump with one 900 for return flow from the rear of the tank. Less wattage, less heat problems, simplicity at its best ;)

Looks like he is off to a great start. But, man, those Aquapod stands scare me. I’m always afraid that it will tip over.

Jon

I'm really surprised :eek: The Prism Skimmer that came with the tank is actually skimming, nothing dark yet, but still surprised. Maybe I won't need that Tunze Nano skimmer after all.

233_14_04_07_7_04_19.JPG

C

concept3

looks good francis, good to see he's finally got his tank.

Don't get all too excited, the prism skimmers start out working like crazy but they soon turn into the disfunctional legends that they are...I think the only thing my prism skimmer is good for might be curing live rock :(

Epoxy was not used, I have noticed a frag or 2 falling occasionally due to the snails. As for the prism skimmer it came with the tank, I'm really not happy with it's production and it will be changed out with next months PA group buy. I also wanted to add I avoided any issues(cycle) etc. by using the water in my main tank.

Here's some updated pics, you'll notice that damn PJ cardinal is still not in there and unless I purchase another one he never will be.

233_08_05_07_2_57_57_0.JPG

233_08_05_07_2_57_57_1.JPG

233_08_05_07_2_57_57_4.JPG

233_08_05_07_2_57_57_3.JPG

233_08_05_07_2_57_57_2.JPG