• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Horrible Tow Service and conspiracy with Hackensack Cops

So at the apartment complex where my sister lives there is no visitor parking so if we need to run in we park the car in front of the apartment for a few minutes hazards on and get whatever we have to get done and leave.

So my mom goes there to drop off food and the tow guy decides to tow her car. He says "give me 200 and I won't tow". The average tow is NOT 200 bucks. Straight scam. My sister calls the cop trying to inform them of the situation and they say "they have the right to change their prices."

If this is not a horrible method of getting paid while in a recession thumbs down to the government or hackensack in general!

Im with you, and guess what? You call the cops, they come down, the tow guy goes home and you get a double parking ticket. Theyre all in each others pockets.

i have no problems for being wrong but when you try to extort me to pay your own bills and take my money. then there's a definite problem. and when you call the people that are supposed to help and they tell you your allowed to get blatantly scammed for money then that's a serious problem.

ITS all about the money the tow company has a contract with the city so they dont give a rats ass. same in paterson with the a$$ho... at city wide towing. overnight they change signs from no parking to tow away zone.then the impound and storage fees are crazy. been there

Yep, 200 to get your car released usually. And the so called lawyers who are supposed to help, only look like they do when they get you a reduced sentence for huge increase in fines. Like wow thanks for getting me off, and theyll have so much more pull if theyre friends with the judge. The whole system makes me sick. Dont get me wrong, if I have a problem, Im glad theyre there, but its getting ridiculous. I also love the increase in ego that comes with being a cop or something similar, not speaking as a whole but the majority.

95 percent of cops are to stupid to be cops. most never even been in a real fight. hell most should not even be security guards.i had way 2 many dealings with them...

Not to say he was right but if you count the tow and the storage by the time you pick up your vehicle he will make 200.00
everyone gets mad when they do the wrong thing and get caught. Don't blame the driver. Complain to the town officials to get something done.
Cops are very tight with the tow company's. You will never win that argument. there trying to stop this behavior not attack your mom.

I grew up by seaside, they have some dirt lots that they charge you to park to go to the clubs. Lets say.... your drinkin to much and someone brings you home. When you go back the next morning to get our car, there is a boot on it and you have to pay 200.00 to get it taken off. There are NO signs at all saying no over night parking or giving you a time limit. They get people all the time... Its everywhere..... A guy I know has 2 lots there. he also has a tow truck. If you park in one of his lots without paying him he will tow your car to his other lot on the next block and charge you an "impound fee" of 200.00 to bring your car back to you.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow, a lot of “haters” with this topic.

Here’s my story. My dad runs off the snowy road into a snow bank. No damage to the car, but it is stuck in the snow…he can’t get out. A couple cars behind him is a tow truck. He sees what has happened and asks my dad if he could pull him out. They arrange for the fees and the guy starts to back in to pull him out. Along comes the cop who now tells this tow truck guy to go. My dad tells the cop that he’s pulling him out. The cop says no…this tow truck company is not one of the ones that are “approved” with the cops. Now my father is livid. The cop sends the truck away and now has to wait about 25 minutes before the “extortion” truck arrives. Of course more money, and on top of it, had to wait. I hate to say it, but cops no longer “serve and protect,” they now “ticket and collect.” They are the new tax collectors!

this thread is not about being a hater. it's simple things are getting out of hand. if you think it's ok to be extorted for money etc. that's pretty difficult to understand til your in the situation. understood.

you have to understand living next to or being in the area of a tourist attraction the prices will TREMENDOUSLY increase. 200 bucks in that area would be understandable for the location. but in a regular city like hackensack? your kidding yourself.