• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

How about that!

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
They hatch and your tank gets a good meal. :D

Or you can try collecting them and raising them if you have an extra few hours in your day. lol

If you wanna grow them out, you can setp up a 5, a 10, and a 20 and buy some rotifier cultures.

What did they lay the eggs on and is it accesible.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
No extra hours here. Do they even make them?
That's like money. Is there such a thing as "extra money"?

Lunch it is.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
RichT said:
No extra hours here. Do they even make them?
That's like money. Is there such a thing as "extra money"?

Lunch it is.

If you happen to find them let me know I could use a few.

I tried a few times to rasie them and now just let the tank have them.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Aren't they in the nano? Could they be fed enough in there (with the rotifers)?

You have 14d to figure it out, Rich. Watch for the eggs to go from orange to silver and then you should be able to see the eyes. Generally hatch about 2w from when they lay them down.

If you want to try raising them you have to block out the light from the sides of the tank!

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
yea they're in the nano.

they laid them on the back side of a piece of branch. I can just see the top couple of rows. Right now the anemone is laying on them. Don't know if that matters or not. I had a feeling something was going to happen because they were both picking at one spot on the rock all morning. I missed the female laying them but I believe I saw the male fertilizing them. He was rubbing all over them then eventually the female chased him away.

There is a MJ, and a BioWheel Power filter they'll have to deal with as far as equipment. The only critters are a chromis, bi-color psudo, and a yellow tail damsel. As well as a few hermits, snails, bristle worms, etc. Will the parents chow on them also?

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks Phil,

But I think I'm gonna just worry about keeping the parent's happy and alive for now. Maybe later when I find thoes extra hours Matt mentioned I'll give rearing them a crack.

if you miss this time usually once they start laying its every couple weeks like clock work. I have tried raising them once back in, oh gosh ist was at least 10 or so years ago. Anyway it was back when i was on AOL, before cable so it was a long time ago. Did get to email back and forth with Joyce Wilkerson. Managed to raise only seven out of that first try. Never tried again though, took alot of time.