• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

How hot did your tank get in this weather?

How hot is your tank today?
Mine is a whopping 86 degrees. Sold my chiller, and I didn't turn on the AC yet this year. Good thing i have a lot of my water in the basement where it is semi cool.

Mine peaked to 82. I turned down the heater and got it back down to 78. Luckily, there is a central ac vent about two feet away from the stand. I dont have a chiller so I keep the AC at the highest, 72 which seems to work out for both the fish and me. ;D

77-78 no chiller just a 7 inch fan over the top and AC set at 70. Oh by the way did I mention it's only 3 gallons ;D

I lucked out. A whole development near me lost electricity for a couple of hours yesterday. Missed me by just a block length.

malulu

NJRC Member
80: with T5, w/o MH, with two 20" fans blowing on top
don't want to know what it would be if with the MH on.
have a chiller, no time to hook it up yet.

under 80, but my ac is on and set to 73 degrees. Normally the tank sits between 77-79 year round. Oh and MH pendant 8 inches over the water on an open top with fan.

Side: I have not seen so many chillers in use since I came back east.

Mine peaks at 81 during the day and goes down to 79 at night. No chiller here. Tank's running on T5s only. Got my AC set to 77 degrees. :)

---
Wendy

83 yesterday before i turned on the A/C..

no chiller so i have a fan running and switched to a lower wattage halide with my light cycle occuring from early morning to noon to reduce the amount of heat during the hottest part of the day, seems to be working.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We never went over 82. No chiller, scan AC. 2/3 of water in the basement helps keep the 1/3 upstairs cool enough.

my aq24 never goes above 82 with the MH and pc's. Running mh only on 6 hours, but my ac is always set around 70.(I hate the summer)

My 135 runs between 76.5 and 79 degrees...No chiller...AC set at 72-74 degrees with two 4-inch fans blowing diagonally back to front above the tank and under the MH's (3x 150 and 2x 70). Also use a 9-inch fan blowing across the sump in the stand as needeed during very hot days.

Dom

during the day 78.8 and at night its 76.5-77 , 3-400 halides and chiller, tanks a 175, thank god for the chiller, oh yeah i have the wall unit in the living room running at 68 during the day, i almost died when i opened this months electric bill, come on winter