• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

How many people run a Chiller?

I was hoping not to need a chiller after I moved all of my plumbing down into my basement. With the warm weather and the upgrade to my larger UV I have noticed my tank has gone from 78 degrees to 82.0 degrees. The UV requires a mag 7 to feed it . I am planning on having the UV plumbed into the main system soon. I hope that plumbing the UV and taking the mag 7 out of the sump will drop the temperature below 80.

How many people run chillers?

The heat is coming from the mag 7 IMO. I run an 80w at 600 gph on my system with hardly any temp difference. I think once you make the plumbing change you won't need the chiller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I have a wife...and 2 small children. Central A/C keeps peace amongst the natives here and my tank maxes out at 79. I do pay for it in electric, but a happy wife with the added byproduct of a cooler tank negates the need for a chiller.

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
Small sum fan and Ac. I Keep the ac at 76 during the day. With the sump fan my tank stays as a rock solid 78.6. Without it I'm up to 81.8. I strt running the fan around mid may and stop in october. Works great and way less expensive than a chiller.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2