• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

How to clean an acrylic tank

hey guys. I got this very cool 40g sump I'm going to use on my 300 gallon. the tank is 36x16x16

so how do I clean it without scratching it. I had it outside filled with water and got the heavy stuff out using microfiber cloth.

there's a salt line can't seem to get out.

20210109_145431.jpg

Last edited:

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
hey guys. I got this very cool 40g sump I'm going to use on my 300 gallon. the tank is 36x16x16

so how do I clean it without scratching it. I had it outside filled with water and got the heavy stuff out using microfiber cloth.

there's a salt line can't seem to get out.

View attachment 34385

Soak it in vinegar. That sump might be too small
For a 300 gallon tank. You need to make sure you can hold the water that’s returning from plumbing and over flow when the return pump is off.

thanks guys, i'll give magic eraser a shot. i think i'll be fine, i had a 40 for my 210 and it was plenty. itll also be a 2 skimmer system so ill have a 20 tall or something with a sock and skimmer or maybe just a skimmer