• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

How-To/FAQ/Investigate videos from Bulk Reef Supply

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Here's another How-To video from BRS....How to install a water saver upgrade kit.

I just went through this process, had live rock full of pests. Did the bleach for 48 hours, let dry, 3 hour acid bath with 10:1 water to Muriatic acid ratio, let dry, 48 hour vinegar bath, let dry, put in tank with no fish, no light, skimmer on, and water changes at 79 degrees, took 8 weeks to go from 1.0 to consistent.03. Used LC and 10 micron filter bag to remove phosphates. I've had the tank up and running now for 3 months, light bio load, no corals, and with GFO and Chaeto my phosphates measure .02-.1, when it hits .1 I change out the GFO. All in all very happy with the results.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Here's another How-To video from BRS......How to install the Neptune Automatic Top Off Kit | BRStv How-To

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Here's another How-To video from BRS......how to properly calibrate and use your refractometer.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Here's another How-To video from BRS......how to use a ReefKeeper as temperature controller

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a topic that can be up for debate:
What's the best PAR for SPS corals? | BRStv Investigates