• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hybrid + radions best setting!!

I got a hybrid today with 4 blue plus, what could be the best setting for growth and color pop. It’s for a mixed reef and I’m currently using the the xr15 pro on the Ab+(Sps).
Thanks in advance guys!!

horseplay

NJRC Member
I have the same setup. I actually forgot what setting the Radion is on. By itself it ramps very blue but whitish during the day.

I do have 2 b+, 1 c+ and 1 actinic though. got the configuration from Roca best configuration I have seem for SPS.

The T5's dominate but the Radions still gave nice shimmer when everything is on.

I’ll probably get an actinic later!! I may try the Ab+ for lps because it supposed to be good for pops color! The t5 should have good par by itself I’m assuming.. do you know your par level?
I have the same setup. I actually forgot what setting the Radion is on. By itself it ramps very blue but whitish during the day.

I do have 2 b+, 1 c+ and 1 actinic though. got the configuration from Roca best configuration I have seem for SPS.

The T5's dominate but the Radions still gave nice shimmer when everything is on.

horseplay

NJRC Member
For the XR15's, I just chose whatever looked good to me eyes. My Magnifica anemone is supposed to like warmer light. On that side I run the light at 100%. On the other side which is mostly sps frags I run 50% but I am slowly going up to 100% also.

I have not measured par for years. I am guess par is about 300 at the middle and 150 at the bottom. Tank is 22" tall. SPS and the magnifica can take all the level you can give them. A lot brighter where they're from.