• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hydros just killed apex with maven

Jamie S

NJRC Member
If I didn't already have so much invested in the Neptune equipment, I would definitely go with the Hydros line. The one qualm i have with the trident is that if the cuvette overflows it fries the board (ask me how i know). The website says the Maven has a waterproof separation between the cuvette and electronics.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Neptune Systems has been downhill since Aperature acquired BRS. the once top of the line brand names "Ecotech / Neptune / AI" are no longer innovating but recycling old products and rehashing but charging more for them.

It's also sad that some of the bigger name brands outside of the US, like Reef Factory are being distributed by Aperature which is delaying competing products here in the US.

just glad there are more options now then just Apex since once my system goes, i'll be looking elsewhere as well.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
If I didn't already have so much invested in the Neptune equipment, I would definitely go with the Hydros line. The one qualm i have with the trident is that if the cuvette overflows it fries the board (ask me how i know). The website says the Maven has a waterproof separation between the cuvette and electronics.
Listen I know everything about the trident. I have had different problems with all apex products. Sending my trident in to get serviced is bull ****. I am running both on my system right now and when the apex stuff brakes I don’t replace it.
Soon enough everything will be hydros.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Neptune Systems has been downhill since Aperature acquired BRS. the once top of the line brand names "Ecotech / Neptune / AI" are no longer innovating but recycling old products and rehashing but charging more for them.

It's also sad that some of the bigger name brands outside of the US, like Reef Factory are being distributed by Aperature which is delaying competing products here in the US.

just glad there are more options now then just Apex since once my system goes, i'll be looking elsewhere as well.
Neptune product are not made well. Look at the lights I touched it and said these are Chinese black box with a lot of marketing.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Ugh hydros has stepped up big. May need to make the switch eventually
I did it slowly. I got rid of all my dos and now I just have the hydro.
I got rid of my wav pumps and now I have two wave engines. I replace my en8
With the hydro plugs as they go bad.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I am slowly going back to basic. When these products fail I am not replacing them.
When I started in this hobby I automated everything. That was a huge mistake.
I started removing technology slowly. Making things easier.

horseplay

NJRC Member
I used all smart plugs and they worked well. cost pennies. The KASA brand plugs even monitors energy usage. The only thing I can't do is to monitor temp and PH. I have search Amazon for a cloud enabled temp sensor but have not made any purchase.