• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

I flipped over it......

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
the curb that is!

Just wanted to share my adventure from Thursday. The gentleman driving the Acura had a seizure and was out cold when he hit me (I was stopped). Fortunately, the type of seizure he had caused him to take his feet off the gas pedal so he was only going about 7 - 10 mph when he hit me. Save for slightly tender ribs from the seat belt, I'm basically unscratched. The EMT mentioned it appeared the other driver was unharmed as well but they won't know for sure until he recovers from the seizure. Thankfully, it looks a lot worse then it actually was.

6371_1146926085120_1586607424_30386506_5516353_n.jpg

Is that your white jeep looking car. Thats wierd it would flip over from somebody going 10 mph

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Glad to hear you're OK Rich. Isn't that the one that hit the deer? Man not much luck with that car huh.

Taz

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
No Taz...the jeep is a different car. I hit the deer with a new Taurus when I worked for a different company. Although they were both white. Hopefully it's not the color thats the bad luck cause my new truck (GMC 4DR 4WD Shortbed Serria 1500)that will be here Friday is white as well.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Did you see him coming or was it more like: Why is everything on its side?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Holy MACARONI, Rich. You really now how to put a car to rest, huh? Glad you're unscathed. Too bad you can't say the same for the truck. Did they total it?

Did you see him coming or was it more like: Why is everything on its side?

LMAO. That's ^ just too funny.

I also can't believe that a car going so slowly could flip you. I would think it would crush the side and stop. Must have gotten under the truck and scooped it?

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I saw him coming but I thought he was going to stop on the shoulder next to the grass island. When he didn't stop.......well, there was no time to react at that point. The fact that it rolled had everything to do with the curb and kinetic energy of a 2500 lb car even at 10 mph. The roll was very slow, I actually thought it was going to come back down on top of the other car for a second. It kinda hung there for a bit before it went all the way over. Very strange feeling. Truth be told, I've been tossed around at Great Adventure more then what I was in that accident. :)

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I am glad to hear you are ok, and I don't think that is going to be a new ride at Six Flags. :)

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Edward771 said:
Thank God Your Ok. When are we doing lunch?
whenever your ready Ed! John and I get together every now and then we could always do a triple.