• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

I have taken the plunge....

I have just placed my order with Reef Radiance. Yup LED's!!!. I got 2 x Lumentek pro 240 for my DT and a Lumentek pro 120 for the frag tank. As much as ilove the look MH give my tank. The electric bill and the braker problems I've been having made me look more Into LED's. And the succsess i have seen others have with them finally changed my mind. Customer service was superb at reef radiance. Can't wait until they come in.....

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Good luck with them, time to look at the avast ATO or the one they have at AO which is the same. They will not fail like the others.

Thanks. Already looking at that. I got the float switch for the RK And a ATO Doser pump from BRS that is replacing what I have now. Now i just need a good day to install it all and program there RKE. :)

Good luck with the LEDs Austyn. I'm making the move myself. Mine should in the middle of next week.

You've seen my tank with reefbreeders....virtually the same thing except I only have 2 channels you have 3!

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
nice! good luck with them Austyn, need to make a trip to your place soon and check out the tank once they're installed.

You've seen my tank with reefbreeders....virtually the same thing except I only have 2 channels you have 3!
yup!! one of the reasons i started looking into LED's. Colors are amaizing in your tank.

nice! good luck with them Austyn, need to make a trip to your place soon and check out the tank once they're installed.
Welcomed any time... hopefully they will be here in 2 weeks. Rick said sooner maybe if they are already built.

Rick will wheel and deal also. i told him what i wanted and asked for the best price if i add a light for the frag tank. not only did he beat his prices advertised on the site, he threw in a refugium light free.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Nice, let me know. I can try and give you a hand in putting them in. Gives me a chance to also pick up the bta from you, unless he didn't survive that incident. (crossesfingers)

Nice, let me know. I can try and give you a hand in putting them in. Gives me a chance to also pick up the bta from you, unless he didn't survive that incident. (crossesfingers)
Unfortunately no it did not make it. but mamma is still doing good and double in size, already showing signs of splitting. wont be long. ill keep you post it.

They will be in the canopy as h8gh as I can place them. So far im looking at 10" from water surface. With 4" to adjust up if I need too. Hanging kit that comes with them. Unless I come up with a rail system.

My reefbreeders have 90 degree optics and I have mine 18 inches off the surface. Punch to the bottom just fine. Chalice and favias seem ok.