• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

I having a huge zoa / paly sale !!!

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Scary stuff. Glad your okay @amado

I was doing some rock work and something shot out from the Zoa onto my wall. I never touched those palys again !!!

stay safe

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Form a few years back, touched eyes after moving zoas without thinking...

Happen to me and felt like I had sand stuck in my eyes. Landed me in the hospital and then the eye doctor, a few weeks of meds and steroids for my eye. Good to hear your doing better They can be scary

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Scary stuff. Glad your okay @amado

I was doing some rock work and something shot out from the Zoa onto my wall. I never touched those palys again !!!

stay safe
Yeah I am going to get rid of most of the zoas and paly.
I think i am very sensitive to the toxins

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Form a few years back, touched eyes after moving zoas without thinking...

Yeah I am going to wear gloves when I am fraging from now on

Salted

NJRC Member
I missed this thread and am late to the party. Amado glad you're feeling better.

I do wear glasses when handling zoas and palys but not gloves. I wash well after handling but I don't know if I have a high tolerance or have just been lucky.

Glad it didn't become another horror story here.

Gloves, rubber bands, some eye protection, and carbon c save a lot of trouble later. It is always a funny feeling knowing that some of those pretty corals in our tanks can actually send you to the hospital.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I missed this thread and am late to the party. Amado glad you're feeling better.

I do wear glasses when handling zoas and palys but not gloves. I wash well after handling but I don't know if I have a high tolerance or have just been lucky.
Thanks. I found out that the paly toxin is air born so wearing a mask is a good idea

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
yo amado!! just saw this !! you good now? you already know I'm only 10 mins away if yoy need anything.

I late to seeing this as well. Glad you’re feeling better @amado. Thanks for the warning-I’m always lax with PPE in the reef tank. Not smart of me.