• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

I need a Pressure pump

C

charterreefer

It appears that I need a pump that will work with a lot of back pressure. I am trying to pump RO water from one garbage can (that I raised the pH in from bubbling) into my DI resin canister and into the final garbage can. There is 1/4" line coming out of DI canister and into the final garbage can. I have tried a old 800 gph power head and an Eheim 1250. There is so much back pressure the pumps don't work properly. ..way slow. I'm also afraid of burning out the pump.

Does anyone know what kind of pump would be better suited for this application?

I could try to increase the size of the 1/4 " line coming out too but was hoping that there is a pump that would work with back pressure. Unfortunately, if I increase the 1/4" line coming out of the DI it won't work with my float switch on the final garbage can.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You don't want to put it through the DI under pressure. It's the pressure that's probably shutting it down. Others that have done this have gravity feed the DI resin....and yes, it's going to be slow. Raise the bubbled water up (I've seen were some have built a stand for the bubbled water above and the empty container below), and simply allow the water to gravity feed through the DI into a clean container.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
You don't want to put it through the DI under pressure. It's the pressure that's probably shutting it down. Others that have done this have gravity feed the DI resin....and yes, it's going to be slow. Raise the bubbled water up (I've seen were some have built a stand for the bubbled water above and the empty container below), and simply allow the water to gravity feed through the DI into a clean container.
I agree with this. If you break it down the di canister on a 100 gpd unit is only processing 4 gallons per hour. You're trying to push too much through. You can either try gravity feeding or maybe a pump like a toms aqualifter or similar diaphragm pump.