• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

I think I started a partial uproar on RC about my rockwork & design LOL

Don't know what my relatively newbie view is worth... but I say to each their own, it looks nothing like my tank which is exactly why I LOVE LOVE LOVE it... no honestly, can I PLEASE beg you to come over and help me aquascape once I figure out what I'm doing with my mess of a 50g? When I imagine what I'd like it to look like it is something very similar to what you've created (sans the sps & barebottom) but I adore the openess of it and the clean spacious look. My 24g aquapod is jammed packed and I'm happy with it that way but I'd love my 50g to look even 1/10th as nice as your tank does :D

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Opinions are like....ummm..well, you get the idea! :D

The tank looks great Merv... and I would take the "it looks more like a painting" as a compliment!

C

concept3

I think that's the first thread I started on RC where I got 25 replies in less than 8 hours LOL.

I actually throught it was pretty funny that someone called me out like that especially since I know his tank.

Picture frame it is. I like it!

I think the new tank is beautiful Merv, nice job. The rockwork is really impressive! I'm hopeing our aquascaping in the next week or so will open up our tank much more.

Have to say though...some of the people on RC are freakin harsh! Opinions don't have to match up, insults are just uncalled for. I like Rich's response...Karma will get em in the end.

Merv, the only thing is, if you like the tank thats all it matter about it

Gabe

p.s
i dont think is a Japanese style, i think is more of an open style

Gabe

C

concept3

Sorcha said:
Karma will get em in the end.

I don't think that person knows what Karma means.... LOL

I'm not worried. Just opened my eyes a little....

SO- anyone want to make pillars one of these meetings? I still have about 30 lbs of 5 minute quick setting thorite left!

I learned a long time ago that there are ALL types of people in this world and you may not understand them and if you try to it will just confuse you.

I couldn't even find a reference to a Japanese Tank online to compare it too. If it's what im thinking, it probably has a zen garden feel to it. Very clean and sanitized looking. I love what you did with it, it actually is very much how I was planning on doing my tank once im up there. Only big difference is I want sand.

Good thing about what you have is you have a TON of room to add stuff without having to redo the aquascape too much!

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
concept3.875 said:
SO-  anyone want to make pillars one of these meetings?  I still have about 30 lbs of 5 minute quick setting thorite left!

Yo...hold on to some of that stuff. When I do my 340 I'll need some. If you need somewhere to store it LMK. Gotta big garage.

If I were to do a large tank again I would want it to be exactly like that. Your tank is PERFECT. Absolutely Perfect. Just looking at it inspires AWE...

Totally Amazing!!

C

concept3

look at the thread for my updates and an FYI on how I did it....

thanks for all the compliments HERE. You guys are a friendlier bunch LOL

where did you get the thorite, Merv?? fell in love with that stuff from a guys tank on reefvideos.

ps tank looks awesome. still don't see sand though ;)

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Jeeze merv you ruffled some feathers on rc. with your pics.
Looks kinda bonsai to me,the UGLY guy from RC is just mad because his mommy only lets him use Elmers glue.....
Looks awsome.

C

concept3

ha ha ha you guys are tooooo funny.

thanks for the compliments, and yes, it is my only tank.