• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

I want to break one of my live rocks in half, then clean it off

Hello All...

I have one larger piece of live rock that nobody on the CuC will touch and it's also in a bad spot for my queen conch. It's also covered in gray detritus that i want to give a quick scrub to. The CuC has cleaned all the other rocks with the same detritus on it but they won't clean this one. Will the rock cause a cycle if I break it in half and gently clean it in a bucket of tank water?

No it would be fine just use the water from your tank. after your done though out the water

Hello All...

I have one larger piece of live rock that nobody on the CuC will touch and it's also in a bad spot for my queen conch. It's also covered in gray detritus that i want to give a quick scrub to. The CuC has cleaned all the other rocks with the same detritus on it but they won't clean this one. Will the rock cause a cycle if I break it in half and gently clean it in a bucket of tank water?