• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

i want to get a colorful angel.

i want to get a colorful angel but i dont want dwarf angel. What can you recommend? At the moment i have a 135 with a hippo tang, lopezi, 3 purple queen anthias, 2 chromis, and 2 blue line clowns that will be leaving soon. At the moment i have softies palys, an acan,favia, and ric's. i was thinking maybe a regal but not sure any suggestions would help thanks.

Look into these: Japanese Swallowtail Angels and others in this family. I am looking to buy at least one at some point in the near future. I hear they are reefsafe and peaceful. I just found out that some pygmies are not peaceful at all. I have a friend who has had a Queen Angel in a mixed for years as well. They are much more pricey though and probably more likely to peck at corals

I have the following angelsin my 220.

queen
scribbled
rock beauty
squammis
pigmy
coral beauty
blue face
flagfin
flame

All get along fine with no hostility
My rcomendation for a 135 wouldd be a Rock beauty as they have a great personality and second, a flagfin. The others are way to big for a 135.

Jabis96 said:
do you have a fowlr? or a reef tank

Only Fowlr. Tried a few corals and all the angels had a field day. Works for some and others not.

Again, I would highly recomend the Rock Beauty. Wonderful fish, animated and quite intelligent.

Good luck

Fixed quote markers

I noticed in the last few posts that people recommended a regal angel and a rock beauty.

Both of these are fantastic fish to look at, but both also have very demanding diets. Like some of the other large angels, they tend to be sponge feeders. Make sure you can properly take care of these fish before you purchase either of them. Of course this applies to any other fish you want to keep, but some of the large angles can be very difficult, long term, due to dietary requirements.

that is a very valid point and after much debating i've opted to pass over the anglefish for the time being until i can get a substantially larger tank. i picked up 2 pink square anthias instead

You could try a pair of bellus angels or just the female. A Personifer Angelfish or Wantanabe Angelfish might be a few good choices for you.

I currently have a Golden Angel

goldenangel.jpg

and a Majestic Angelfish

majestic1.jpg

in my reef. I have not witnessed the Golden Angelfish going after any corals whatsoever, oddly the Majestic Angelfish has been noticed nipping on some greenish brown paly hitchhikers, I feel this is an awesome trade off for myself as the fish is beautiful compared to the paly's.

Fransis how long have you had that majestic in your reef? that's definitely a good trade off. let us know if he starts to eat anything else

reeferwanabe said:
Francis how long have you had that majestic in your reef? that's definitely a good trade off. let us know if he starts to eat anything else

I've had him for about a month and a half now, will let you know if there's any changes in it diet.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Zeovit sponge power. I bet that would keep them happy and give him something to nip at!

Wait till the end of summer. Go to the shore (particularly Belmar -- right at the inlet near the bridge) and fish up some Blue, Queen or French angels. Choose your favorite and go from there.

Free angels! ;)