• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

IceCap 3k Gyre

So I originally had a Maxspect 130 gyre and I loved it, but it had wiring issues and it broke. Since then I was just using my old Koralia 3's and my corals weren't nearly as happy. I eventually bought this IceCap gyre and it was much larger and powerful than the Maxspect. I am having a heck of a time trying to figure out the flow for my 46 gallon tank. I originally had it high up in the tank but it wasn't reaching the bottom underneath so I moved it near just above the middle. I've played around with the power levels a lot and can't find a good medium. It seems like the corals (mostly LPS) extend best when at 10% because it is very little flow, but that is not nearly enough flow to keep algae and detritus from piling up. It seems everything above 20% becomes louder and louder and really blows my corals. Do any of you have this unit and can suggest some settings you use?

Central I tried out what you suggested and it is going pretty well. Some of my corals are still not opening up fully while others are thriving. I guess I need to look more closely at my water parameters.

trio91, I like mine a lot. The controller is much easier to operate than the old Maxspect one was. It is loud and the sound had different pitches at each percentage. I have noticed slight improvement with the volume after about a month, but it is still bothersome especially when on a setting that changes often. If you have a lot of other loud equipment you probably won't notice.

Yeah I heard they sold out. I got mine from TBAquatics about a couple days after they came out. The shipping is always quick since TB is in NJ.