• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ID please

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Anybody got a clue what this is? It came on one of my blasto colonies. It looks to be a polyp or anenome of some sort. It is about the size of a quarter.

purplerhodactis003.jpg

purplerhodactis002.jpg

purplerhodactis001.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That's CRAZY looking! My vote is for a nem of some sort.

Hopefully it is some super rare, very hardy, splits at the drop of a hat anemone!

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well I've had it for about a month or so and it hasn't split yet. Of course it's been in the dark for about 2 weeks and it doesn't seem to have hurt it any.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm leaning towards an anenome me too. Someone suggested it is a mace anenome (form of hydroid).

you won't believe me but I just saw the same pic on another forum....I will let you know if boomer comes along and gives him a possitive ID. ;D

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
boozeman said:
you won't believe me but I just saw the same pic on another forum....I will let you know if boomer comes along and gives him a possitive ID. ;D

You don't say? Someone must have stolen my pics. :D

Doesn't hurt to get multiple opinions.