• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Im Back from the sandbox!!!

Hi all. Back from the very freaking hot sandbox... So glad to be back and able to actually view this site again. It was blocked 3 days into me arriving there. And for those who asked where i was at before. i was in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.

Please dont ask how my tank is doing lol. still trying to hold in my anger.

Good to be back and reading awesome posts again. will be hunting the for sale post very closely lol.

Welcome back Austyn. I was just wondering the other day if anyone had heard from you. Glad to hear you back safely and while I won't ask about the tank, I will say let me know when your ready and I'll get you a few pieces to help you restock.

Welcome back Austyn. I was just wondering the other day if anyone had heard from you. Glad to hear you back safely and while I won't ask about the tank, I will say let me know when your ready and I'll get you a few pieces to help you restock.

+1 I could throw you a frag or two when your ready. LMK.

Welcome back!! I was wondering about you the other day, I can only imagine what's going on with your tank, give me a call.

Pete

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Welcome back Austyn! let me know if I can do anything to help. currently on vacation but when I return. let me know.

Hey Austyn, welcome back, I was out there too a few years ago and didn't start tanks till I got back from there, but everything I go away I always come back angry bout the tank..lol..

Welcome back, Austyn.
I grew up in that sand box :)
How was your trip (aside from HOT- I know 'dhabi summers)?
Did you take a boat out to the islands off of Abu Dhabi (the real ones)? Did you get to go to Jebel Ali or Fujairia? Did you go to Oman?
Did you go to the animal souk and see the saltwater fish for sale?
I used to love snorkeling there, I saw my first clownfish in Oman. . .

@NikkiT. Lol u know it well. I didn't get to do all that because of work. But I did go scubba a couple times off the coast of dubai and downtown abu dhabi by the marina mall. Animal souk? Wish I knewbefore I left about it lol. I did make it to the dubai mall and atlantis aquarium.
Other than work work work I didn't get to do much more. 90 days with no days off and 12 hour shifts doesn't leave much time for the good things lol.

Lost 90% of the frag tank due to ato pump stuck on and float malfuction. Dumping 20 gal of kalk water in. The the circulation pump to frag tank froze and kept all thatkalk stagnet for a day in frag tank. Dt suffered some loss but because there was circulation it didnt burn as bad. Some is still in recoery but looking to pull through. I lost over 40 frags. The bad part is this happen only a week before I came home. Everyting had almost doubled in size. But all white. Purple digi and green digi made it through unharmed. Everything else toast. Shotyouta txt too pete.