• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

in case you have not heard

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Before this gets started...

This can turn into a very heated discussion, can we please try and control ourselves while posting. I would like to see this thread left open to raise our awareness of events such as these. Things like this happen all the time and the more we can learn about protecting our children (or soon to be children!) the better.

It's a real shame, he *seemed* like a nice enough guy on the phone and through e-mail!

wow...i was pm'd that link and at first I was scratching my head wondering what that had anything to do with this hobby...then my cable modem went bla and didn't think twice about it until I read this thread...(light bulb over head). Maybe Mr. Dolan spent all his money on the knicks and didn't upgrade this lousy cable modem I have!

btw the text version of the video you posted is this:
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14329561/detail.html

I guess someone could always buy a used mrc skimmer. Or just go with an ASM/EuroReef or splurge on those really expensive skimmers (deltec?)

ReefDrumz said:
It's a real shame, he *seemed* like a nice enough guy on the phone and through e-mail!

John Wayne Gacey was belowed clown entertaing kids in his neighbourhood and Ted Bundy was considered to be extremly charming. Do you think my 14 old daughter would understand that as she chats on internet well past midnight?

mladencovic said:
ReefDrumz said:

John Wayne Gacey was belowed clown entertaing kids in his neighbourhood and Ted Bundy was considered to be extremly charming. Do you think my 14 old daughter would understand that as she chats on internet well past midnight?

I have always found clown's disturbing, why are they hiding under all that makeup ;)

I see that the company, MRC, has been bought out already.

They will change the name but keep and service the product. They did it in additon to acquiring the compnay, but being his wife is 1/2 owner, not to leave his family high and dry.

:-X

I feel really funny right about now. I just got some information on MRC ("just," as in I heard it an hour ago), and, rest assured, the company has been purchased by EXTREMELY capable people who want nothing more than to produce the highest quality of products.