• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

in search of a car...

does anyone have or know someone who has a low mileage new car sedan or wagon for sale....
i need to replace my wifes car which has about 170K on it...

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Yes, I did. No hassles and very friendly. The blue book value of the car I bought is $2500 more than what I paid so made out okay. Just need to negotiate with them.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I found some good cars on craigs list before I went to Oasis. You might want to try that route. Only reason I didn't see it through was I wanted a warranty. You know how kids are.

vangvace said:
bumping a thread for advice on where to buy used and <$6000 closer to Trenton/Cherry Hill

my girlfriend just bought a $3500 2000 Dodge Neon with 100,000 miles running great over by her house in Pine Hill, place is called Cross Keys Auto Sales. Its on Berlin Crosskeys road in Berlin.

We were looking forever to find her a car cause her budget was at max of 3000 then they cut a deal on the neon so we went with it. (low budget due to college and living on her own basically at 18)

Check it out if your around the area, not far from Cherry Hill.

You can try Carquest Motors in south Amboy . My good freind owns it and gets really nice clean cars . He has a good inventory or can get basically anything you need . If interested call me and I can set it up for you . Every dealer basically gets there cars from the same sources . Why pay big overhead dealer prices when you dont have to. Financing and extended warranties are also available .

My cell 908-216-6022 Paul
CarQuest 732-721-0399 Ask for Bob . Bobs been in the business 40+ years and is also a personal friend of mine .

I had a used car dealer who purchased what I wanted at auction & charged $1K over auction price. I told him exactly what I wanted & he called me from the auction with some choices that passed his inspection - I ran the Vin# & we agreed on a max price for the bidding.

I have the car 3 years now with no problems...

The $1000 is the going rate for this. You basucally get the car $1000 over wholesale . A better way is to go with them to the auction to see and decide what you want ,not really allowed by auction rules but can be done .
These are dealer only auctions,not the ones you see on tv for the public . There are usually from 4000-7500 cars sold per day at the auction . Most are off lease, dealer trade-ins and some you just want to avoid . This is where it is the dealers job to inspect the car, paint meter,give it a market price and pay accordingly .
After the purchase it is advised to pay for the post sale inspection , the auction house inspects and lets you know of any issues . This is usually under $100 and a good piece of mind . If anyone needs this service let me know I might know a dealer who can get you into a auction . ::) ::)