• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 40g build..

kevin

NJRC Member
My wife wasn't pleased when I said I wanted a tank again after selling off all my equipment last Sept. I traded one evil for another by selling my extra "fun" car. She approved of me selling the car, not so much wanting a tank AGAIN. Although, she did start to get excited again.. :tongue:

I picked up a Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 40g from Ocean Gallery II few weeks ago. I went to a few stores that day just to take a peek see. I saw the Fusion 40g & my wife asked if I wanted it !! I originally wanted the Fusion 30, but they had this in stock & I actually really liked it. I'm currently in the process of painting the nuvo stand from black to white. It will be my first All-in-One.. should be fun!

Current Parts:
Kessil a360W-E
MP10wES
Full Neptune Apex w/ Breakout Box & Float switches
30lbs BRS reef saver rock

Still need a few more things to be up & running.

IMG_20140731_214349_zps45ad0d45.jpg

guess who's back, back again, kevin's back, tell some friends

Tagging along, let me know how you like the tank.

How was Ocean Gallery looking? I haven't been there in like 2 years.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
nice to see you back Kevin, the Kessil will be great on that tank.

kevin

NJRC Member
guess who's back, back again, kevin's back, tell some friends

Tagging along, let me know how you like the tank.

How was Ocean Gallery looking? I haven't been there in like 2 years.

People were nice. This was the first thing I actually bought from them. Well, I bought one of my first ZOA frags from them & it had those zoa worms in them(nudibranches?)

Nice tank. The kessil is going to look great on that tank.

Thanks!

nice to see you back Kevin, the Kessil will be great on that tank.

Thanks!!!

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Welcome back! That's a great lil setup. Looking forward to seeing the progress. Good luck!

kevin

NJRC Member
It's been a little bit. Waiting for the intank media baskets to come out the beginning of Sept.

Finally got around to painting the room & moved the fish tank in place. The doors of the stand were PITA to setup. Wouldn't align for the life of me... so I made my own darn holes & I was still off, hah.
Stopped by AO today, can't wait to fill this up & get fish in it.

IMG_20140826_215321_zps997d4808.jpg

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Love the In Tank stuff. We met them again at MACNA and they make really good products and are a wealth of information.

kevin

NJRC Member
Tank is currently cycling. I have my float switches hooked up now to a Avast Diaphragm pump(WHAT A BEAST).
Intank media baskets are on pre-order. Due at the end of this month..
Apex is much easier to program this time around, haha

IMG_20140908_191347_zps136f13fa.jpg

IMG_20140907_154112_zpsjyfylcrq.jpg

kevin

NJRC Member
scape looks great!

what is the blue light box on ground.

Linksys Wireless Adapter(Makes the Apex wireless)

Everything looks so neat and clean in that stand! I am very jealous!

:) I actually wish I made it cleaner, hahaha
That's only one section of the cabinet. I have 3 others. One holding my ATO, the other holding some food... the other empty

kevin

NJRC Member
How is the lighting spread at that height? Kessils can pack quite a punch when they are running high. What % are you running them?

Well, I don't know to be honest. Since it's cycling I can't tell how effective/ineffective it's being . I'm currently running the BulkReefSupply settings, except I have them ramping to max 50% intensity
I lowered the light because the light spill was all over my walls, lol.

kevin

NJRC Member
How difficult was it to setup the wireless? I just picked up another apex for my nano in my bedroom.

2 minutes. literally. I got the wireless adapter for $20shipped refurbished on ebay.
1) Hit button on router to find adapter(if you router has this option, if not you go into the router settings to find it)
2) Hit adapter button to find router
3) BAM DONE

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201154035543?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

also, the avast marine pump woke me up in the dead of sleep last night. sucker is LOUD lol.

kevin

NJRC Member
Okay, dumb question.
I used to do a cycle with a dead shrimp. this time, i used Instant Ocean Bio-Spira, Live Sand, & 3lbs of live rock. I also been throwing in fish pellets. Was this enough to start a cycle or should I have gone with a dead shrimp? I started it Last sunday

I took these results today. I have the ammonia strip in the tank, it's "safe". I don't think I ever had a spike of ammonia because it's been reading safe the whole time.

IMG_20140914_111939_zpsfqlc2nxi.jpg

IMG_20140914_111903_zpsgcgc9cai.jpg