• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Inquiry into TUNZE

Well just have to wait till the truth comes out. Since it is only an investigation, we will probably find out soon if any charges are ever filed.

1) I wonder what "competitor" hired the firm to do this investigation.
2) Id like the know the results of the study they conduct, being a legal inquiry you would hope that it is not biased.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
No client needed….short of looking for a class action by asking owners to chime in. Unfortunately the only “winner” will be this law firm. How does it go…."They descended from worms and evolved in to firms, that’s a lawyer!"

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Do you think it was a pissed off hobbiest that tipped these guys off?

No! I think it’s a money-hungry “ambulance chasing” law firm looking to rake in the cash from a class action suit. That “ad” is to put together a list of owners who they will say will benefit from this suit. If successful, they (the owners) will get scratch, while the firm will walk away with the majority of the settlement.

Well just have to wait till the truth comes out. Since it is only an investigation, we will probably find out soon if any charges are ever filed.

1) I wonder what "competitor" hired the firm to do this investigation.
2) Id like the know the results of the study they conduct, being a legal inquiry you would hope that it is not biased.

The original study was fair, I think even Tunze admitted as much. Lawyers will send each person like 3 bucks and walk off the rest.
Of course you can hear them saying now calling to the stand Mr Green Slimer.:p

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm the first to say " ambulance chaser" but i wonder if Lewis is a reefer

Sir (and with an avitar like that, I use that term loosely :eek:), I wish to correct you and state that you are number two! :) If you go back and look at post 8, you will see some other individual used such terminology…..and I quote:

No! I think it’s a money-hungry “ambulance chasing” law firm looking to ……….

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sir (and with an avitar like that, I use that term loosely :eek:), I wish to correct you and state that you are number two! :) If you go back and look at post 8, you will see some other individual used such terminology…..and I quote:

First GregW and now you with the AV?:eek:.. Well I did jump on the bandwagon with the ambulance chaser/ chasing:)

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Those gosh darn lawyers ruin everything!!!!

After talking to Nikki, the lawsuit can't really go anywhere because there was no quantifiable damage. The pumps put out flow and they are not malfunctioning and crashing people's tanks (causing damage). They might sue, but it would not net much for anyone involved.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Those gosh darn lawyers ruin everything!!!!

I fully agree. The only thing worse would be to marry one! .Oh, wait……….my sympathies. :eek: :D

After talking to Nikki, the lawsuit can't really go anywhere because there was no quantifiable damage. The pumps put out flow and they are not malfunctioning and crashing people's tanks (causing damage). They might sue, but it would not net much for anyone involved.

But how about false advertising? I once worked for a major adhesive bandage company that made three inch by ¾ or 1 inch wide bandages using a machine die that cut them exactly. They were advertised (printed on the box) as 3 inch long bandages. During the sterilization process, that involves heat, the bandages oh-so-slightly shrank….maybe 1/32 of an inch, it that. Well, we were threatened with a law suit for not providing the product as advertised. The corporation took this suit very seriously (i.e. made us run around like chickens with our heads cut off for allowing this to happen and now coming up with a solution).

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Paul, was the solution to change the wording on the box (to "nominal 3 inch" or something) or did you actually find a way to make the bandages the right size? :cool:

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Paul, was the solution to change the wording on the box (to "nominal 3 inch" or something) or did you actually find a way to make the bandages the right size? :cool:

….the right size. LOL

You’re close George…it was a simple labeling change. New packaging only claimed the width of the bandage, not the length. So you can buy ¾ inch bandages or 1 inch bandages, and there is no mention of its length…..but its almost three inches.

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I fully agree. The only thing worse would be to marry one! .Oh, wait……….my sympathies. :eek: :D

But how about false advertising? I once worked for a major adhesive bandage company that made three inch by ¾ or 1 inch wide bandages using a machine die that cut them exactly. They were advertised (printed on the box) as 3 inch long bandages. During the sterilization process, that involves heat, the bandages oh-so-slightly shrank….maybe 1/32 of an inch, it that. Well, we were threatened with a law suit for not providing the product as advertised. The corporation took this suit very seriously (i.e. made us run around like chickens with our heads cut off for allowing this to happen and now coming up with a solution).
That's like if you buy wood.. I mean when you buy a 2x4 are you really getting a true 2x4?

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
….the right size. LOL

You’re close George…it was a simple labeling change. New packaging only claimed the width of the bandage, not the length. So you can buy ¾ inch bandages or 1 inch bandages, and there is no mention of its length…..but its almost three inches.

Or they could have used the fine print like fast food chains. "Average length before cooking." :)